Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thoroughly Modern Millie

Confession: I've been living vicariously through my little sister.  She landed the leading role in Grays Harbor's spring musical production - Thoroughly Modern Millie.  She's absolutely incredible!  I'm SO proud of her.  It's definitely the role of a lifetime and I'm just so happy for her.

It also makes me want to get back on stage myself.  I grew up doing musical theater, but then I got busy with college and then eventually got roped into working on the other side of the process.  Don't get me wrong - I've really enjoyed the privilege of directing and choreographing numerous musical productions.  The experience has been priceless; having the opportunity to work with so many skillful performers has been life changing.  But, it's like that prize that I never get... in fact, (as a director/choreographer) I just sit there watching all the performers get it.  I share in the excitement of opening night, or a full house, or a really responsive crowd... but from a different perspective.  I'm at a point where I really want to trade my director's chair in for spot on stage!

A girl can dream, right?  Until those dreams miraculously come true, I'll continue to be my sisters biggest fan in all of her successful theatrical endeavors.  Thoroughly Modern Millie closes this Sunday and tickets are going fast - buy your tickets now at ghc.edu/bishop

1 comment:

Mrs. Rebekah Simon said...

Awwww... thanks! I live vicariously through your director shoes. =) It's such an honor to be recognized as a creator!