Friday, May 15, 2009

I think I'm in love... with a coffee shop.


I don't know why this particular cafe tucked away in the unique Ladd's addition neighborhood of Portland is so special to me.  It just is.  I love the look of the space - the windows, the colors on the walls, the lighting, ceramic mugs; I love the location - it's on the outside edge of a big round about that spits off to about 5 different streets; I love the people - because it's in a residential area, there are tons of pedestrians, bicyclists, joggers, roller-bladers, and they're all very Portland.  I love that!

I guess I have a lot of memories associated with this place.  I have fond memories of meeting friends for coffee to catch up on life.  Also, it was a place I'd come alone to escape and just chill out - journal, read, think, people watch, etc.  Now that I live in Olympia, I find that I really miss Palio's.  Oh, I think this is the first time I mentioned the name of this great little Portland treasure as I see it.  Palio's Dessert & Espresso House.  I honestly don't even know how to pronounce "Palio."  Ha!  I've just had so many different people pronounce it differently, I'm not sure which one is right.  Oh well.  That doesn't matter to me.  I just love this place.  And their coffee it great!  Frothy-foamed lattes, strong yet tasty shots in the americanos, and an amazing selection of tea from what I understand.

If you ever need a place to hang out in Portland, let me know and I'll help you figure out how to get to Palio's.  It's tricky to find.  The Ladd's addition is a VERY unique neighborhood.  It's SO easy to get lost.  Anyway, posted are a few pics of me at my favorite coffee shop over the years.  Kind of a funny love affair.  Me + Palio's Dessert & Espresso House = Love

1 comment:

Danielle said...

mmm! you're making me want to leave work & make a coffee run! haha oh by the way, LOVE your hair in the top pic ( :