Thursday, May 8, 2014

A New Adventure!

A new and exciting summer adventure is headed my way! I've been dreaming of this potential plan since before Christmas and since then, it has felt like time is moving in slow motion... until this last week. Suddenly, my summer plans that include A LOT of change and responsibility seem to be rushing at me way too fast!


I'm moving to Leavenworth, WA for the summer to work for Leavenworth Summer Theater. I auditioned back in March for their summer season and was cast in two shows - "The Sound of Music" and "Fiddler on the Roof." I will be living with a family I've only met once and will be looking for another part-time job in town during my time there. My first rehearsal is in three weeks and all lines and lyrics must be memorized by then. I'm FREAKING OUT a little bit. The amount of memorization plus the stress of moving and finding a job when I get over there is starting to take it's toll. I've already had some pretty crazy dreams!

Though I'm scared of the unknown, anxious about the transition, and curious about what my summer is going to be like, I'm truly looking forward to this new adventure. This is something I've never done before. I think it will be a creative, fun, and memorable experience for me. It's also been so encouraging to see how the Lord is providing by taking care of several details, like my housing. I'm staying with a local pastor and his family! I'm excited to get to know this family and live in community with them this summer.

So, I'm excited, and nervous, and overwhelmed, and curious, and excited some more...!!! 3 weeks!! I plan to blog about my Leavenworth experience here at this blog, so stay tuned!

No comments: