Sunday, June 1, 2014

I'm here, in Leavenworth, WA!


I moved here 3 days ago and I've already had over 22 hours of rehearsal... and I'm still alive! What an incredible experience this is going to be though! This weekend's rehearsals were extremely stretching and growing for me as an actor. The director for Sound of Music helped facilitate countless opportunities for us to really discover and develop our characters. I'm super excited to practice all that we worked on this weekend with new and revealing insights into the role of Maria. Though I'm the understudy and may never play the role on stage here in Leavenworth, I'm super grateful for all that I've learned already! Plus, rehearsing with 14 theater kids - they've double cast the Von Trapp children - has been a blast! They are a very talented and enthusiastic group of kids on and off the stage!!

An amazing development since my last blog is that I found a part time job for the summer. Actually, you could say that the job found me! I got an e-mail from Leavenworth Summer Theater (LST) a few weeks ago, asking if I'd like to work in their box office. They also would work around my rehearsal schedule. I, of course, said YES!! What a specific answer to prayer. Truly! I had a handful of close friends who were praying I'd find a part time job that would work with my rehearsal schedule. I didn't even think to see if the theater had a job opening - and in their box office selling tickets to the shows I'm in?!?! Yes please! So, here's where I'll be spending a lot of my time this summer...
That's my dad, buying tickets for some of the shows this summer! My dad drove over with me on Friday to help move me in. My mom joined us later that evening so that he had a ride back. My parents have been so supportive and encouraging through this whole process! I'm so thankful for them - they truly are my cheerleaders and I love them so much!

I'm still settling into my new home for the summer. I'm staying with a great family, and get this - they live two blocks from the school where I'll be rehearsing for both shows!
My room is kind of a mess, but I have all day tomorrow to unpack and organize!

Well, that's all the updates for now! Oh except one more!! My sister went and had a handsome little baby boy today! I got to meet him via facetime tonight after rehearsal. He's so sweet! Bekah is a rockstar - she had a fairly easy delivery and little Levi is healthy and so cute! Congratulations to Bekah, Ezra, and to little Eben who is now a big brother!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

so well written! Thanks for sharing :)