Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Perfect Weekend!

I was able to sneak home to Olympia before my rehearsal schedule gets crazy. The #1 reason why I HAD to go home after only 1 week in Leavenworth?
I had to meet my adorable, little nephew - Levi John Simon! Isn't he precious?! I thoroughly enjoyed my time holding him as he stole little pieces of my heart with every coo and sigh. Levi was born on June 1st, just two days after I left for the summer. I'm just so glad I had this weekend to go back to meet and snuggle little Levi. My sister Bekah and her family are doing well and they are all adjusting to having a little one in the house. This is a really big adjustment for Eben, Levi's 2-year-old brother. He's still learning how to be gentle with baby brother. :)

It was nice to be home. I got to hang out with my mom a lot. We went and got pedicures together, and had so many deep and edifying conversations throughout the weekend. There's just nothing like a good talk with my Mom. This is something I'm going to miss this summer.

I also got a chance to squeeze in a morning run with my friend, Callie. It was SO GOOD to tell her about my time in Leavenworth so far. She's that friend who has been there for me as I've come through some pretty rough patches. Today, she was that friend who was celebrating with me! I loved talking with her about how God has been so faithful and perfect with His timing as He's led me to this new chapter in my life. We ran and talked and had a little Starbucks coffee afterward. I am SO thankful for her! Running in Leavenworth without her is very lonely.

So now, it's crunch time! I have to have everything memorized by Thursday when rehearsals officially start. And boy, do the rehearsals kick off strong - I have a 12-hour rehearsal day this coming Saturday. (Glad I got home while my schedule was still free!) So, I'm spending all of my spare time working on the Latin lyrics for being a nun, reviewing lines, lyrics, blocking, and choreography that I learned last weekend for understudying Maria, and then also memorizing lines and lyrics for my role as Tzeitel in Fiddler! Whew!

I am working in the box office this summer, and absolutely loving it! I've had some really fun phone conversations with people from all over who are planning on watching live theater here in Leavenworth this summer! All three shows are selling really well - each show is at around 25% sold, and that's just after 1 week of ticket sales!! There are still plenty of tickets for all performances of all three shows - The Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, and The Drowsy Chaperone. If you want more information about dates and prices, go to our website: www.leavenworthsummertheater.org. Then, call me this week to save yourself a seat at one or more of these great shows! The box office (509.548.2000) is open from 10:30 A.M. - 5:30 P.M., Monday-Friday. I'll be there to take your call...well, either me or one of my awesome co-workers!

No comments: