Monday, June 23, 2014

Busy, busy days in Bavaria!

We are just a week and a half into rehearsals and we've already run Act 1 of The Sound of Music! We'll be working with the orchestra tomorrow night and then running the entire show by the end of the week!! The rehearsals have been packed full of new material to learn (blocking, choreography, etc.) plus lots of laughs as we all get to know each other better through this process.
(This is just one cast of vonTrapp children I get to practice with!)

One change that has effected my daily routine is that I'm not working at the box office these days. The theater company wanted me to focus on rehearsals and staying healthy, so they kind of kicked me out until we open the Sound of Music. It's a good and bad thing...I won't have as much spending money as I originally thought, but I am enjoying all the extra free time to practice and hang out with my new theater friends. I figure the Lord knows what He's doing with my life - including my finances! The family I'm staying with has been so generous and continually reminds me to eat whatever I want from their fridge/kitchen (which has lessened my grocery bill!). Plus, the mom (Kellie) is a really good cook! And they always set a place for me at the dinner table! What a blessing this summer living situation has been!
With all the extra time I've had on my hands, I've been doing a lot of reading and exploring the shops in town (which is about 3 blocks from where I'm living). I just love looking at all the detail on the buildings and the flower boxes at all the windows - it's just so pretty!
I also continue to find time to go running. It's a strange and wonderful thing to run in 80 degree weather!
I don't think I'll ever get used to the amazing mountainous landscapes here. It's just breathtaking... the bottom picture is the view I see every time I walk out of the building where rehearsals are held! Absolutely gorgeous!!
Two gals that I've really enjoyed getting to know are Sarah and Marissa. They are both staying together in a house just a block away from me. We're all a bit older and therefore seem to have a lot in common. These girls are so sweet and fun. Last Friday, we took off to the "big city" and did a little shopping (mostly for shoes for the shows) and ate yummy Mexican food! It was a short trip but a much needed change of pace!

No comments: