Monday, June 16, 2014

I could get used this Leavenworth sunshine!



Wow, these rehearsals are moving FULL SPEED AHEAD! I have to say that with all the rehearsals we had in the last two days, this weekend felt more like a week! I'm just hoping I remember everything and that I took enough notes to go back and memorize it before we run those particular scenes, dances and songs again! I think the weirdest thing about this whole experience is working on two shows at once. It's pretty cool but it can get kind of overwhelming REAL quick. Some of the other actors here for the summer are in all three shows! I don't know how they keep all the shows straight.

I'm having a really fun time getting to know the other actors that are in Fiddler and Sound of Music. I'm just glad they finally got here - since I was here two weeks early for my box office job, I was starting to feel like I arrived at camp too early - I was just ready for people to show up! Well, they did and boy are they talented people! I feel very honored and excited to be on stage with all of them. Plus, they're super fun and a little crazy during rehearsals (like me!). It sure is fun laughing together but also focusing and working hard together. It's just been such a neat process so far!

I have a really full week coming up as I'll be in a 4-hour rehearsal each morning with Maria and the von Trapp children, then off to work at the LST box office till 5:30, then back to rehearsals in the evening. Whew! I hope I survive this rigorous schedule.

One thing that has been so comforting and grounding for me is being able to go running a few times a week. (We'll see if I get to do that much while rehearsals are so crazy.) Here's a fun picture collage of my favorite route I've found so far - down by the river. I just love it! It's so peaceful to be running along the river bank.


Though the rehearsal schedule can be consuming, I'm finding time to just chill. Whether it's reading or journaling in my room at night, walking around downtown, or driving somewhere out of town a little ways to sit in my car and just be - sometimes that includes practicing show material or sometimes just some time with the Lord praying, listening, and/or reading my Bible while sipping some tea. I need this time to just get away and be still and recharge.

No comments: