Monday, August 25, 2014

One more week in Bavaria!

How did that happen? How did a whole summer sneak by? Tomorrow night, we begin our last week of shows. August has been such a fun month! Not only has it been fun to have all three shows up and running, but now we all know each other really well. Friendships have been made and we all know that we have a limited time to hang out and have fun together. Next week at this time, we'll be having our closing season picnic and then it's back to "real life." ...but that's a whole week away! Instead of focusing on what's to come, let's focus on some fun things from this past month.

Starting with exciting news from Colorado! My beautiful and newest niece was born (technically last month - July 31st)! Welcome, Amelia Grace Gosselin! My sister Suzanne and her husband, along with their son and daughter are loving the new addition to their family. I can't wait to meet her in person!

For my job at the box office, I've been working at the Will Call desk for the show I'm not in - The Drowsy Chaperone. Fortunately, I was able to take one night off so that I could see my friends perform. They are just so talented! (I also loved the excuse to dress up!)

The weather has finally calmed down. This first picture I took from backstage at The Sound of Music.
It's sad that that's smoke billowing over the ridge... but really beautiful with the setting sun.

We got a really good rain storm that stuck around for a couple days. We really needed the moisture!! I took a few pictures as the clouds were leaving. Here are a few of my favorites!

Earlier this month, we got a huge group from the casts together to float the river. What a good time that was! I wish I could float the river everyday...
Afterward, we had a bbq and hung out. It was so fun, especially now that we know each other better and are starting to have shared experiences. What a great group of people I've had the privilege to work with!! And I'm not just saying that! I've made some great friends this summer.

Two weekends ago, I took a trip to Yakima to visit some old friends from my Multnomah days. It was so wonderful to hang out with Kelly (left) and her family, and then also meet up with Melody (right) to catch up quick.
We all worked together in the admissions department at Multnomah about 10 years ago. Crazy how time flies!

A pretty regular activity these last few weeks has been going to the river. There's a sandy beach just outside of town - super peaceful.

Then, if you walk across this bridge and head up stream a little ways, there's a nice swimming hole and rocks you can jump from. Though it's not documented here, I did jump from a rock one time... super proud of myself!!

I'm still running, but not as much or as far. Honestly, I'm losing motivation. I'm looking forward to coming home and picking up my regular running schedule with my running buddies in Olympia! But, I will say that I'll miss the river-side scenery here in Leavenworth! Here are a few pictures I've snapped on my morning runs this past month.
But this is my favorite picture I've taken while on a run!! It looks like a postcard... but it's not! Just think of how gorgeous the view will be from this future home!

I've had so much fun with the cast and crew of Fiddler on the Roof. Here are some women of Anatevka and the Rabbi - such sweet and talented people!
Also, here's a few action shots of my favorite few moments of this show - Tzeitel pretending to be Yente, the matchmaker.

Yesterday, I went to one of the best water parks - Slide Waters! I've been there several times and it's so fun! We had a blast!! I'm so glad I got a group together and made it happen before the summer was done. We screamed and laughed all day long!

It's been an incredible summer. I'm looking forward to getting back to normal life and beginning some new projects when I get home... but I'm going to miss these mountains!!

No comments: